Cricket - Can India Win the World T20 ?

To win a world cup the teams not only need to be at their top but also need a bit of luck in the sense of what teams do they face on the road to finals. Here we will try to see the possibility of all teams winning the world cup. We will start with India (a bit getting emotional here)
During Group Stage: India is placed in Group A along with England and Afghanistan. I think India should not have any problem in advancing to the Second Stage of Super Eights. In fact, I think they will top the Group A. This would mean they would go in the Group D. Lets see what other teams can go in the Group D (A1, B2, C1, D2).

B2 : The team coming second in Group B. Group B is made up of Australia, West Indies and Ireland. I think WI should top this group making Aus as the second team of this Group.

C1: Group C consists of Sri Lanka, South Africa and Zimbabwe. This seems to be the group where both SL and SA are teams who can top, however, SA has a slight edge to top the Group C, making SA as the C1.

D2: This Group consists of Pak, NZL and Bangaldesh. Any team can virtually be second in this Group. However, considering the current form of Pakistan I think they are going to top the group and NZL will be second in this Group.

From our above analysis, the Super Eight should have the following teams,

Group D: India, Australia, SA, NZL.
Group E: England, West Indies, SL, Pakistan.

Now In the Super Eight, I think India should be able to beat NZL comfortably. It is going to be very unpredictable whether they will be beat Aus and SA. Problem with that is India is unpredictable against Aus and SA is unpredictable at any moment. However, if India have any chance of advancing to the next round then they can come second in this Group. This would mean they would be playing the top team of Group E in the semi-final. Now if you look at the Group E, I think only SL and WI have the potential to top that group. I have a feeling that SL is going to top this group, making it India Vs SL in the final.

On the other side, as per our analysis SL is going to top the group and WI will be the second in that Group. In the Group D, if SA did loose make themselves loose then they should be topping this Group. Hence, making it SA vs WI as the second semi-final.

Now if India did manage to beat Sri Lanka in the semi-final, then it is going to be India Vs WI in the finals. Otherwise it will be SL vs WI in the final.

We will follow all the World Cup matches with pre-analysis, predictions and then post-mortem of the matches.

No comments: